Tuesday 30 November 2010

Reporter on Derek Anderson Tirade: 'I Tried to Be Diplomatic'

Filed under: ,

A day after Derek Anderson made a bad "Monday Night Football" game memorable by snapping at a reporter for asking why Anderson and teammate Deuce Lutui were caught laughing late in a blowout loss to the 49ers, the reporter has defended asking the question.

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic touched on the question and the controversy surrounding it Tuesday. There have been differences of opinion as to whether Somers was just doing his job appropriately or stepped over the line in trying to get an answer out of Anderson.

"As most ardent Cardinals fans know, Anderson became angry after the game after I asked him several times about the conversation with Lutui and its context. I tried to be diplomatic and professional, but I guess that's for others to judge. Anderson obviously didn't think so. Some wanted Anderson roasted over spit. Others think I badgered him. I hope I was somewhere between those two extremes, but as I said, that's for others to judge.

"I take no satisfaction in what happened, but I felt the questions were justified. The Cardinals were losing their sixth consecutive game. Their starting quarterback and right guard were smiling on the sidelines. Readers wanted to know why, especially since many of them think this team is not playing as hard as it should."

Kyle Busch M and M s Toyota Sam Hornish Jr Mobil 1 Dodge Jamie McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment